Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My First Official Day(s) of Work

For those of you that don't know, I recently moved to Huntington, IN to start my new job as an RD at Huntington University.  I'm joined by 3 other 1st year RD's, so I'm definitely not alone in my incompetence (sorry to those referenced if I offended you), which may or may not be a good thing.  My first official day at my first "real" job was last Fri. (Aug. 1).  We went to an ACSD conference which was okay* until we all got icey juicys and then it was amazing (well that and my boss spouting off about reading a book about a rooster that made him cry).   

My first work day on campus was yesterday (Mon. the 4th), but I can't really sum it up better than a new friend and colleague of mine, Steve.  This dude is hilarious and I can't wait to have some great times and memories with him.  Read his blog if you ever get bored.  You'll laugh.  

Basically, I think I'm going to love this job and the people that I'm working with.  Good days at HU. 
*(More thoughts on the not so lame conference will be coming).

No comments: