Monday, November 3, 2008

The Prosperity Gospel

I don't know if I've ever heard John Piper this worked up, but he definitely got my attention. 


When I first started watching this, I thought that John Piper was using some strong language, maybe too strong.  But as I watched, I realized that this is a serious problem with the American church.  We are getting sucked into this mindset and we don't even know it.  How is this happening?  What are we thinking?  This mindset prostitutes the gospel and says that it is glorifying God!  We really need to guard ourselves and make sure that we are staying grounded and rooted in the Word.  We need to measure our teaching, against what the Bible says, and not get distracted by the feel good stuff, that isn't necessarily the Truth.  

1 comment:

blisbell said...

Really Good Sermon goes along with this. It was recorded in Birmingham... Hows it going?