Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I don't know how I feel about New Year's Resolutions. Sometimes I make one, sometimes I don't. I think they mainly just make people feel good about themselves for a couple months until life grabs them by the neck in March and they forget all about them.

Despite my often skeptical view of them, I made several this year. For now, I'll share one to whoever reads this thing. I want to read 20 books of my personal, leisurely choice (this excludes textbooks, work related material, etc.) in 2009. The reason I share this resolution is two fold. First, I will be placing them in my new column on the right titled "20 Books in 2009" as I read them, in hopes that I will be able to share something valuable from each of them to you. Second, it allows you to keep me accountable on this resolution (i.e. when July rolls around and I have 3 books on my list, you can write me and tell me to get my butt in gear).

I look forward to learning a lot from this resolution and hopefully sharing and challenging you all through it as well.

If you have any great books you'd think I'd enjoy, especially one's I could borrow from you, let me know. That would be swell.

No comments: