Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break... A Thing of the Past

I've recently come to grips with the reality that spring break no longer exists for me. It is a thing of the past. The whole reason I decide to enter into the arena of education is so I would have Christmas, Spring, and Summer Breaks for the rest of my life*. But NO, reality had to hit me square in the teeth the past couple weeks and deny me any hope of ever getting another spring break. Why do I say this, you might ask? Well let me tell you.
Today marks the end of the second (yes I said second) consecutive week of spring break for me. Here is what my 2 week spring break consisted of: homework. Not rest, not fun, just homework, period. I have a bit of a quarrel with Webster when he defines thesis as "a position or proposition which a person advances and offers to maintain, or which is actually maintained by argument." I think it just means an obnoxious way for graduate faculty to make my life miserable through tireless study on a specific subject**. Needless to say, I have done a lot of work the past couple weeks and I WILL OVERCOME.

*and maybe to impact the lives of students, who are searching for Truth
**It also may or may not involve me becoming an expert in my area of study and landing a job outside of grad school.

No comments: