Monday, June 29, 2009

I've Arrived... In Lithuania That Is

I just arrived in Klaipeda a few hours ago and it has already been a blast. After leaving OK City early Sun. morning and surviving getting bumped 3 different times on flights, I actually made it to Vilnius, Lithuania an hour ahead of schedule. From there I jumped on a charter bus with 20 other Summer Language Institute faculty and staff for a 4 hour ride to Klaipeda. It has been quite the adventure already and I can't wait to start work in the morning. The summer faculty are an outgoing bunch... characters to say the least. Most of them are double, some triple my age, but they sure don't act like it. I can't wait to get to know them all better and learn from them throughout the month.

I feel I have so many stories to tell from my first day of travel, but I need to get to bed so I'm not fighting jet lag for a week. I'll update you all very soon. I appreciate all the prayers* and support that have been given. I could not be doing this without them.

*The prayers were especially felt today as the Lord worked out all the chaotic travel mess that came my way.

1 comment:

Brant Bullard said...

glad you made it in! can't wait to keep hearing more things about what's going on. Thanks so much for being involved in my life and being at the wedding. That was really a great time. You have been an excellent friend. Stay safe and do some crazy stuff!