Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Saying Goodbye to MAHE Cohort of '09

Two weekends ago, I was at TU where I watched old and new friends alike, receive their MAHE hoods and then graduate the next day. Those two days were full of emotion as goodbyes had to be said to brothers and sisters in Christ who are starting new chapters in their lives.

The program director, Tim Herrmann, spoke at the hooding of one of the most difficult things to learn while in education. He spoke of the importance of learning to say goodbye, and the message definitely resonated with me. I learned how it would be selfish of me to want them to stay and so I tried my best to send them out with a blessing. There is no doubt in my mind that the MAHE class of '09 will go on to impact their world for Christ.

So I want to say thank you to the '09 cohort, for impacting my life through intentional relationships, providing Christ-like models in your personal and professional lives, and for pushing the '10 cohort to strive for excellence while living a balanced life. May God bless you all as you continue to serve Him and His Kingdom.

No comments: