Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Learning, Learning, and more Learning

I feel like the theme for me since I've arrived in Klaipeda has been learning. The learning has ranged from learning about the culture, to learning Lithuanian, Russian, and LCC history and Catholic and Orthodox history, to learning part of a new language, to learning about myself. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I have made some great friends as well that I have already learned enormously from. Majia, Allison, and Emas have challenged me quite a bit already through the great conversations we have nearly everyday. At the very least I will say that I have been humbled by them all and I am so thankful for that. They are truly seeking the Lord and it has been an incredible blessing to have them to connect with. I'm sure I will write more on them later on.

There isn't much that has really surprised me about this place, but I will tell you that it has been an incredible experience thus far. The Summer Language Institute is intense for everyone involved (the students, the teachers, and the res life staff), so I feel like we are on the go 24-7. I feel nearly run ragged, which is good, because the sooner I can empty my tank and switch to God's, the better.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the culture is somewhat cold and closed, so it takes some good trust with someone before you can dig into heart issues and issues of life/faith/theology. Last night however, was one of those breakthrough nights with a student, actually one of my RAs. Please pray for her as she searches for the Truth. And please pray for the rest of the students, that their hearts would be softened to God's message to them, however, he may choose to reach them.

No comments: