Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Relaxing 3 Days

Just when I thought I couldn't go on, I found myself receiving a 3 day break of sorts. The last few days I have really been able to relax, refresh, and rejuvenate for the home stretch run this week. A friend let me borrow his bike, so Friday I rode 30 km* to a city north of Klaipeda called Palanga. The bike trail was awesome and nearly all of it was through the forest. It was a beautiful, relaxing ride. Palanga is a very touristy city, with beautiful beaches and a lot of shops, etc. I didn't spend a lot of time there, but I hung out in a park for a while and checked out some famous buildings, statues, gardens, etc... The city is full of all kinds of folk lore. Here is a grotto, which is at the base of a sand dune that honors a priestess on top. Ironic, huh.
This reminded me of Notre Dame (can't wait for football season)

The main thing was that I was simply able to get away and clear my head for an afternoon. I was able to have some quality reading time and allowed myself to slow down enough to do some reflecting on my experience.

Saturday and Sunday were more of the same; A lot of relaxing, going to the beach and hanging out/playing games with my boss, his wife and a couple of LCC staffers.
One of those is Tim Wolter, a man who taught at LCC for a year and a half back in '06-'07. I have spent a lot of time with him in the last 24 hours, and have had numerous interactions with him throughout the month. I have come to respect and admire him and his wisdom. He is a very humble, discerning, and meek man who loves the Lord and I have been blessed to have learned from him. What a great reminder and encouragement to constantly be pursuing Jesus; A life lived like that impacts so many people. Thanks Tim for your example.

*After riding over 60 km for the day, I have a very sore butt (my fault for not biking before I came)

No comments: